Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Nicknames

My coworkers and I were talking about nicknames and different things we call our children.  I started cracking up thinking about all of the nicknames Andrew has had.  The first one I can remember was “Mr. No” because anytime you asked Andrew a question his response was automatically “No!” 
“Are you thirsty, Andrew?”
“No!” as he reached for his juice cup.
“Is your name Andrew?”
“No!”


 The N-O stage was pretty fun.

Then our neighbor’s precious, little red-headed daughter, Mckaleigh, couldn’t pronounce Andrew so she started calling him “Doo.”  This of course morphed into “Doo-Doo.”  Thank goodness that one didn’t last long.
 This is Andrew and Mckaleigh at Andrew's last birthday/Halloween party.

I think every kid goes through the McDonald’s Happy Meal stage too.  We would ask Andrew what he wanted for supper and his repeated request would be a chicken nugget Happy Meal, which we would concede to twice a week.  So I started calling him “Nug-Nut.”  I still like that one!
 
Andrew’s friend Brady still calls Andrew “Little Drew” and Drew “Big Drew.”  I laugh every time they see each other when Andrew first comes home.  They both exclaim each other’s names at the same time, “Braaaaady!”  “Litttttle Drewwww!”  They’ll be playing T-Ball together this summer and I hope they’re friendship lasts a lifetime!


 
Willie and Drew’s friend Jeremy call him “LD” short for Little Drew.  
 When I look into his little blue eyes and see his Daddy's I think “LD” suits him pretty well also.

 

 

Of course Drew and I still call him “Bud” and that seems to have stuck for now.  Every now and then Drew will slip up and call him “Little Fella,” which he doesn't like and he corrects him by saying, “I’m not a little fella, I’m your Bud.”  

And my heart smiles for the billionth time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment