Thursday, April 1, 2010

A man of many talents...

It's pretty obvious we are a very busy family!  Drew especially, on top of building our house, 4 other houses, opening a flooring store, managing his other businesses, being a great Daddy, helping me with wedding plans- he has been working on getting his pilots license!!  I know WOW right?!  He started talking about it last year so for Christmas I gave him his first lessons and on his first flight I even got to go up with them.  I can definitely say it's an addictive rush and I will definitely be getting my license whenever Drew finishes up.

So yesterday Drew flew solo!  Yes alone, with no instructor in the plane!  When he landed he was grinning from ear to ear.  After your first solo flight the instructor cuts your shirt tail and hangs it up at the hanger.  (Ryan got a little carried away and cut out the entire back of Drew's shirt.)

   
Congratulations my love!  You are an amazingly talented person who has an incredible drive to learn new things.  I hope you never lose that, it keeps us young! :)


The mighty Mississippi River

So this is what I would look like as a bug!


We'll be buzzing to Tennessee in no time to see this sweet little face!

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. ~Leonardo Da Vinci

No comments:

Post a Comment