Wednesday, July 25, 2012

In The Funk

Well this is day 1 without Andrew and it already stinks.  I woke up earlier than usual this morning and as I lay awake the fact that summer is over and Andrew is gone started to sink in.  I love that Andrew is home for his summer breaks but having him for that amount of consecutive time makes it really hard, not only say goodbye, but also to get back into a "non-Andrew schedule."  Drew worked late yesterday since he took off Friday and Monday to spend Andrew's last days with him.  I found myself not wanting to go home after work since I knew the house would be empty.  And if it's this hard on me I can only imagine what Drew is going through.  95% of Andrew's summer is spent with his Dad.  They go to work together, they eat three meals a day together, they brush their teeth together, his day-to-day schedule revolves around Andrew...so even though he doesn't really say it out loud I know trying to get back in the swing of things is hard.  But Drew wouldn't have it any other way.  He makes the most of the time he has with Andrew and I love him so much for that and Andrew does too.  I did a little interview of Andrew on Monday, I'll post later in the week, and some of his answers where all about how his Dad does this for him or his Dad does that for him or how his Dad can do this and that.  I'm so grateful that Andrew notices how different his Dad is compared to other Dads.  And what's more is that Drew realizes how precious their time is together and doesn't take it for granted.  I love my boys so much as individuals, but when they are together, if it's possible I love them even more. 




No comments:

Post a Comment