Sunday, April 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Ice Cream Sundae!

For those of you who may not have "googled" anything today, you may not have noticed that today is the 119th Anniversary on THE Ice Cream Sundae!  I can remember many a trip made to Baskin Robin's with my Mom & Dad.  Mom would get plain old vanilla ice cream in a waffle cone, I would get mint chocolate chip (of course!), and my Dad would switch between his two favorites an Ice Cream Sundae or Pistachio.  I ate quite a few cups of ice cream on the curb outside BR's!
Friday night I used my new favorite toy for the very first time...my White Mountain Ice Cream Maker!!  Homemade ice cream during the summer was pretty much a staple at my house on the weekends, there's nothing better on a hot, summer Louisiana day!  I can remember the day my Dad brought home and electric one, no more hand cranking! Bring on the yumminess!  I can't wait to show Andrew how to make strawberry ice cream! :)



Sweet success! 

Someone obviously liked it! LOL!

This is what the hand crank versions look like.

I scooped ours up at Goodwood Hardware here in BR, but if you're interested in making your own yummy ice cream this summer check out this site, http://www.makeicecream.com/whitmounicec.html
The investment is well worth it, these things last virtually forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment