Sunday, June 2, 2013

Baby Day

Baby Day and I are doing really well!  We had a minor set back when I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes (GD) but it's been pretty easy to manage by watching what I eat and eating about six small meals a day seems to be the easiest way to balance out my blood sugar.  I have the check my blood sugar four times a day which has gotten old very quickly, but it's not as bad as I imagined it would be.  It's hard to say why some women experience GD and others don't.  My diabetic counselor said since I wasn't over weight and I was under the age of 35 chances are my case is genetic.  My Dad was diagnosed with Type 2 about ten years ago and my sister Susan had GD with all three of my nephews and was able to manage hers with diet as well.  All of her boys weighed under 8 lbs so I'm hoping for a similar outcome! 

 I'm sure all of the Moms out there remember this delicious drink! 

Since we'll be moving next month our house is beginning to look like Babies-R-Us.  Baby stuff everywhere!  One of Drew's closest friends, Matt, threw him a diaper (and beer) shower and few weeks ago and I'm pretty sure we have enough diapers to last us a full year!!


I also scheduled infant photos with Kimberly Meng!  I'm so excited about this.  I just love looking at the precious photos of all those tiny babies!  Thanks to Etsy I've found some adorable props to use for Baby Day's photos.


And finally I leave you with a few selfie baby bump pics! :)

26 weeks

29 weeks

30 weeks

32 weeks

The time has really flown by, Baby Day we'll be here before we know it!


No comments:

Post a Comment