Saturday, February 16, 2013

Ikea Take II

I must say our weekend trip to the Ikea in Houston was much more enjoyable than our 2010 trip.  One because we didn't get robbed and two because we stayed with some of the most hospitable southerns I know, the Truitt's.  Around noon on Friday Drew, myself, and two other couples loaded up and headed to Houston.  Nic and Becca recently bought their first house and Matt and Britt are building just like us.  Drew and I have a design/decorating taste that is a little more industrial/modern than most of our friends so we weren't sure if they would enjoy Ikea as much as we would...but considering we had to rent a 6x12 Uhaul to haul all of our purchases back I'd say the trip was a success!  We stayed with Nic and Matt's aunt and uncle in Houston they were so nice and so much fun to be around.  You know you're around good people when they feel like your own family in a matter of minutes.


Uncle Mike was giving us all a hard time for "driving all the way to Houston for DIY Scandinavian furniture."  Yes it's true Ikea garb comes in a million pieces, it's relatively cheap, and if you're not careful it will look exactly that way...like a cheap craft project.  I thought I'd share some of the things in our current house that are Ikea.

 Anno panel shades

 Foto pendant lights

 Kitchen cabinet pulls



Fintrop magnetic knife/spice rack

 Numerar butcher block countertop, we used this as stair treads which my talented husband stained


 Expedit shelving in our office and magnetic bulletin boards

 Coffee table

 Rug, couch, Maskros pendant light

Mirror, Lillangen sink, great sinks for messy boys!


 Shower curtain.

 Poang chairs.

 Bathroom cabinet pulls
We found plenty of new items this trip, which will remain in boxes until we move into our new house!  I'll have to do another Ikea post then.


Some of the same items we bought that we have now were the Foto lights, the Lillangen bathroom sinks for both of our boys' bathrooms, and butcher block for my potter's bench outside.  We bought plenty of organization items for the boys' rooms.  Andrew wanted a built in desk in his new room so we bought magnetic strips and storage for all of his art stuff.  I also bought more funky lights for my new library.  They come in white, but I'm thinking about painting mine similar to the picture below...we'll see.  Can't wait to get it all into our new home!


No comments:

Post a Comment