Monday, February 18, 2013

Bouncing Baby Boy!

Drew and I found out earlier this month that we're having a baby boy!  We found out sooner than most people, there are a few perks to being friends with your OB/GYN's nurse. :)  After our ultrasound visit Drew and I headed to Babies-R-Us to pick our a few thing for our newest addition.  Drew was so funny and sweet walking around Babies-R-Us.  I think all of his Daddy time with Andrew as an infant came flooding back..."Oh man we're definitely going to need this." or "I wish they would have had this when Andrew was little."  Later that evening Drew said he didn't realize how excited he was going to be about finding our what we were having, but when the ultrasound tech said "It's a boy!" I got so excited.  He's such a great Dad I can't wait to raise our son together!  We're looking forward to all those firsts together.


Not exactly modest...of course he gets a double dose of shamlessness from his parents. :0

We haven't really decided on a name yet and when we do I think we'll keep it a secret until our baby boy's birth day.  We know we want to to be unique, strong, and not something you hear everyday.  We're bouncing around a few things but we aren't 100% sold on a full name yet.

Some things we have decided on are colors and theme of the nursery.  Colors: grey, navy, yellow, white  Theme: vintage airplanes 

Here are a few of my inspirations and a few of the items we've purchased thus far for our Baby Day's room.

 I thought these shelves were just adorable, thanks zulily.com!

Yellow knitted pouf also complements of zulily.com

 And this is the Babyletto Hudson Crib we ordered.

And these are a few of my inspirations via pinterest.



One thing I noticed while in Babies-R-Us was that all of the high chairs were huge and bulky and hideous.  So I'm still deciding what type of high chair I want.

This Boon high chair is made without any cracks or crevasses for food to get into and it has a pneumatic lift system, so I'm leaning towards this model.

 We bought extra magnetic bars from Ikea for both Andrew and Baby Day's room so that we could copy this pin.

Love the peg board above the changing table.

I'm also in quite the dilemma over rocking chairs.
I love the Michael Thonet style rockers.  The swirl of the rocker's leg are so whimsical, I just love them!

 My Mom actually had this very rocker when I was little. 

I also love this modern take on the Thonet rocker...too bad it's way out of my price range at $1925!

As you can tell I'm having tons of fun planning our nursery, all while planning our new home!  It's a lot to try and plan all at the same time, but thankfully Drew and I have similar tastes so we don't worry too much about what each other are picking out by ourselves. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment