Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Olympics

Is anyone excited about the upcoming 2012 Summer Olympics?  Do you even know where they are this year?  Here's a hint, Princess Kate lives there.  I can remember as a kid my Mom, Dad, and I sitting down together every night to watch the Olympics.  Do families still do that?  I haven't religiously watched the Olympics in years.  But I can still remember getting chill bumps during Dominique Moceanu's floor routine to "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" and Kerri Strug nailing her second vault for gold on a hurt ankle during the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta.  And who could ever forget Russian gymnast Svetlana Khorkina, ew those Russians are some tough competitors!  Or how the dairy farmer's son, Rulon Gardner, turned the Greco-Roman wrestling games upside down defeating the Russians for the first time in 13 years!


What will the 2012 Summer games bring?  I'm pledging right now to lose myself in the games like I used to as a kid, to cheer on the USA, and to support the world's athletes coming together for 17 days of all out record breaking competitions.



1 comment:

  1. I remember sitting down to watch the olympics ... and I'm with you, I plan on watching immersing myself in them this year again. :)

    ReplyDelete