Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day Weekend 2012

Drew said that this Father's Day was his best yet!  I hope he says that every year for a very, very long time.  I am so glad that Andrew will be with his Dad for every Fathers' Day, at least in the near future.  They are so funny together and the older Andrew gets the more like his Dad he looks and acts.  I just silently shake my head at them when they start feeding off of each other and roll my eyes.  Boys will be boys!

I am so proud of my husband and the Dad he has become.  Each year brings new challenges and new lessons and he rises to the occasion each and every time with dedication and determination.  Everything that is wonderful in my life is because of him:  Andrew, our home, our marriage, how he loves me, how I love him.  He is a great man inside and out. 

Thursday and Friday Andrew spent the night at Poppy and Willie's house so Drew could go to their camp in Bay St. Louis to build an extra bedroom downstairs as a surprise for Poppy on Fathers' Day.  His efforts were quickly thwarted by a nosy neighbor who called Drew Bob and spoiled the surprise but he was pretty excited Drew was finishing up the room for him.  (And I enjoyed a house all to myself Thursday night!)

Saturday Drew met Poppy, Andrew, Nee Nee, & Uncle Woody and went fishing in Woodville, MS.  They had a great time and caught 30 some odd bass, all of them keepers!  Drew caught one a little over 5 lbs.  Andrew is always excited to go fishing when he's home, because let's face it the Days have the best fishing holes around!


 Andrew was absolutely positive this was one of the fish he caught
(in between changing his bait 42 times.)

Saturday night we stayed in Clinton at Poppy and Willie's just enjoying family time.  And Sunday we got a jump start on Fathers' Day pretty early.  Shirley made tomato gravy and I made the cat head biscuits to go with it. (Yum!)



 Andrew and I had so much fun taking these pictures, he was so hilarious.  By the time he was finished hamming it up, I had 57 "D" and "A" pictures.  I'll have to post some of the best ones in another post.

I took Andrew last weekend to paint his Daddy some pottery for Father's Day also.

 This is the fighter chopper we saw together in Birmingham, he still talks about that helicopter!



He sure does love his Daddy.

 Chocolate-Bacon and Maples Frosted Cupcakes made of course by Erin!

For lunch, if it was lying around we fried it!  
Eggplant, squash cakes, green tomatoes, fresh bass, stuffed jalapenos, jambalaya balls, Paula Dean would have been proud to sit at our table!




Then we swam off some calories!


No floaties for this big boy!

We had a great day!  But I sure did miss my Dad.  I found the perfect card for him, so perfect I teared up in the aisle at Target.  It said exactly how my heart feels about him and while he wasn't with us to celebrate I know that my love for my Dad extends beyond state lines.  But there is nothing like giving your own Dad a hug on a day that's meant just for the great Dads out there.  I can't wait to see them on the 4th of July!


I hope you enjoyed Fathers' Day 2012 and were surrounded by some pretty great Dads too!

No comments:

Post a Comment