Tuesday, January 10, 2012

t.i.l.t.

Things I Love Tuesday:

After such a disappointing game I need a little pick-me-up, so I turn to the stuff I love for a little comfort!

Of course my Jax-y Boy!



Jax has learned to climb up stairs, but not down stairs.  And I might mention that he LOVES the stairs, so he climbs to the top and sits and waits for Drew or I to come get him.  So we've had lots of climbing exercise over the last two weeks!

elf, eyes lips face

After reading one of my fav blogs about this website I went perusing, to see what the fuss was all about.  And I just couldn't believe the prices for make-up here!  I mean really eye lid primer for $1, a 32 color eye-shadow palette for $5, this stuff has to be terrible right?!  Then I saw at the top of the screen, "11 piece brush set for $2.12 when you place an order for $25" or something like that...and who doesn't need new make-up brushes?!  So I caved and ordered all of the loot pictured above for $32.07!  I'm systematically trying each product to see if my skin has any adverse reactions, but so far I love the eye lid primer, I don't really care for the volume pumping mascara the brush is just too big for me and my eyes started itching after about 4 hours of wear, I like the personal blend foundation but I've only used it three times so I don't know if it will cause my face to break out or not but for $8, I can use it to run to the store, or beach, or where ever I don't feel like "putting on my face."

New throw pillows


I recently trashed my old feather pillows that I have had since college.  I was sick of finding down feathers all over the place!  Decorative pillows can get pretty expensive, so I turned to Etsy.com to see if I could find some handmade covers that I liked.  And thanks to the Fabricjunkie, Drew did.  Yes he picked out the pillows!  And we got the pair for $30 bucks to boot! Then I just went to Wal-Mart and bought some cheap-o pillows to stuff inside them.  Love them so much!

Back porch table


This is the table that my hubs made me for Christmas, I moved the old table we had next to Drew's smoker so he could use it while he's cooking up deliciousness.  You can see in the background the DIY project we started in November, the concrete stepping stones.  We started with 4 rows and I think I want two more rows to finish it off.  When Andrew was home for Christmas we made one block with our hand prints and Jax's paw print.  It's so cute, if it wasn't dark already I'd snap a pic.  I'll post one soon.

Pinterest Projects

After church on Sunday we ran to Home Depot and purchased the last of the supplies I needed to make a pallet table.  Thanks hubs for helping me!















I think my next project will be making hypertufa pots!  Yay!

This weekend we're making the trek to Nashville to see our favorite 7 year old!  He's off for MLK day on Monday, and since travel is easier on us than it is on him we're going to him.  Drew looked at the weather earlier today and it's going to be COLD up there!  But we can't wait!  I'm looking forward to the trip and the fun stuff we'll get into in Music City. 

No comments:

Post a Comment