Tuesday, January 3, 2012

these are a few of my favorite things...

So I wanted to rave about a few items that I am just loving right now.

My leopard print Clarisonic Mia
This thing makes washing your face with a washrag seem so primitive...so barbaric...so last year.  It's pretty amazing and I've only been using it for five days.  Every other night I use Adapalene, a retinol gel which helps turn over skin cells, on my face from my dermatologist so I hardly ever have issues with breakouts.  Therefore, I can't say how it helps in that particular area.  However, my pores are getting smaller, my fine lines are getting finer, my skin is softer, and I find that my moisturizers (Day and Night) and my primer seem to work better than ever.  Plus it's leopard print and who doesn't love leopard print?!

Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser
I don't use this as my cleanser all the time, in fact I'm a die hard Dove soap user (as is my dermatologist) especially when my face is particularly dry I'll reach for my moisturizing Dove beauty bar.  But if my skin is in a "normal" state I love this cleanser.  It's gentle, it's foamy, and now with my Mia I can use an even smaller amount of product, which is good on my pocket book.


Big Sexy Hair Products
There are two staples on my vanity when it comes to big, southern girl hair and that's Big Sexy's Big Volumizing Dry Shampoo and Powder Play.  Waking up at 5am is pretty tough sometimes, so on mornings when I've hit the snooze seven times I spray my roots with this dry shampoo to soak up any excess oils.  We've all used the old baby powder method but who wants to go around smelling like a baby's butt...plus if you have dark locks you can end up with gray hair if you're not careful.  The Powder Play I just started using more recently and man this stuff is pretty cool.  It feels weird on your hair but if you're teasing, hairspray just can't hold a candle to this product.  Once you sprinkle it on your roots the more you play with or tease your hair the bigger it get's.  It's hard to be glamorous in the chemical industry and I particularly like using this product as a direct defense against "hat hair" at work.  When my hardhat comes off I simply fluff my hair up with my fingers and wa-la! no more hat hair.  



Got some favor-rite products you're loving?  Tell me about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment