Monday, September 12, 2011

Miss You Mondays

Today I miss family dinner with you.

We had dinner at your Aunt Erin's tonight for her birthday.  Daddy cooked his famous pizzas, that we all love so much, on Aunt Erin's birthday present from us...her new gas grill!  It's orange and I know it's the exact one you would have picked out too.  I miss you helping me with the dishes, stacking the forks and spoons directly on top of each other...and your frustrated sighs when your Dad closes the drawer to hard and you have to start over.  I miss you "MMMMM-ing" each bite and telling your Dad what a great cook you think he is.  No one, not even I, can bring a smile to his face like you do.  He hangs on your every word and your compliments fill his heart with pride and so much joy.  I miss convincing you to try something new and watching the expressions that follow.  I must admit, some things I know you won't like but your faces are too hilarious to pass up the opportunity.  I miss listening to your prayers over dinner as you pray for the things that are most important to you at the time:  stickers, frogs, Angry Birds, Dad's iPad  I know God enjoys them even more than your Dad and I do.  I miss that fellowship time when we talk about our day both the good and the bad, the bad seems so much less important when you tell it to a 6 year old.

I miss you like peanut butter would miss jelly...or mayonnaise.

No comments:

Post a Comment