Sunday, November 11, 2012

Better Than We Deserve

So lately I have been working my tail off at work!  My boss was recently promoted and the supervisor of my unit left for an opportunity at another chemical plant.  So with the help of the engineer in my department we have been running the show all by ourselves.  I'm not going to lie it's been pretty tough at times but man have I learned a lot.  Long story short, all of that hard work paid off because while we were in Philly management called to offer me the Superintendent position (my boss' old job) over my entire department!  Needless to say I was exstatic and I wish I could have had a picture of Drew's face when I hung up the phone and told him.  It was the proudest expression I've ever seen on his face, which in turn makes me so grateful that he stands behind me and supports my growing career.  Before we left for Philly I had the feeling that I had a pretty good shot at the supervisor position but superintendent is something I saw as a career goal at least five years out.  As the old cliche goes, being in the right place at the right time is half the battle.  And now Drew is convinced he's going to be a stay at home Daddy...we'll see about that!

Drew has also started building our dear friends, Matt and Brittnay's, home in the town where we all grew up Watson.  We were pretty bummed when they moved out of our neighborhood last year.  While Drew was working on their lot he noticed there was a house down the road a little ways that had burned down.  Matt who is a realtor took to finding out what the story was on it...and turns out the owners were looking to sell it.  Another long story short Drew and I signed a purchase agreement on the five acres down the road from Matt and Britt's!  It's beautiful with an acre pond that is full of bass for my Andrew to fish in, right in our back yard!  I can't wait for him to see it!  We're keeping our fingers crossed that it all works out!  Friday after work we flew over the property to get an areial view of it.



And on top of all of that Drew and I leave for Hawaii in 27 days!! Does life get any better?!


God has once again truly blessed our family this year, we have so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving Season...as Dave Ramsey says, "We're doing better than we deserve!"



At all times and for everything give thanks to God!
Ephesians 5:20

No comments:

Post a Comment